Best news of all is that it should not be expensive either.
Nethold Group has come up with 10 things you can do this weekend to immediately increase the value of your property.
1. The garden. Take a good look at your garden. Does it need some attention? Maybe you can add some flowers, do some weeding or make sure the sprinkler system is working properly. If your garden looks good, your house looks good!
2. The front door. Do not underestimate the importance of the front door! This is the entrance to your house. First impressions count. Maybe the doorbell needs fixing, or some potted plants can be added for colour. Does the area leading up to the front door look neat, tidy and welcoming?
3. Floors. Repair any broken tiles, patch damaged floor boards. Maybe rip out those tired wall to wall carpets.
4. Exterior. Address the basics. Repair or replace gutters, windows, plumbing leaks.
5. Bathroom. Spiff it up a little. Replace frosted glass with clear glass. Clean the grout. Remove any stains. Get rid of any signs of mould.
6. Walls. Find areas with chipped paint and repair. Try to tone down any colours on the walls that might send potential home buyers running. Paint a feature wall a bright colour to add interest to an otherwise dull corner or area in the house.
7. Cupboards. Wardrobes, kitchen cabinets and cupboards can be given a fresh look by simply unscrewing and adding new, modern handles.
8. Spring clean. Time to really get some deep cleaning going. Get a professional in to steam clean curtains, shampoo carpets and clean walls, shelves and cupboards. Potential buyers will definitely want to see the cupboard space in the kitchen and bedrooms.
9. Declutter. Get unnecessary stuff out of the way. Help potential buyers project their own ideas for the room. If a room is cluttered, they will lose focus and motivation. Less is more!
10. Remove the question marks. Look at your house from a the buyers perspective. That broken front step or cracked threshold is going to make him ask lots of ''what's that?" questions. By repairing, fixing and improving the ''question marks'' you are literally paving the way for the potential buyer to make you a great offer.
Nethold Group is a South African company that buys, rents and sells great value properties.
If you are interested in selling your home urgently, Nethold Group might be the buyer you are looking for.
Find out more: